Wednesday 31 August 2011

Day 90(ish) The Final Post

I cannot believe its all over. Its been one hell of a journey - sometimes good and sometimes bad. I've certainly learnt to make better food choices but must confess that alcohol has been more than welcome back into my life these last few days. Maybe I need to sign up for AA next...
Today, which is officially Day 92, I went and had my body measured at the gym which I did the day before we started. In some ways I was a wee bit disappointed with myself because my foot definitely slipped off the metal towards the end what with holiday and then moving so I know the results could have been better.  To be honest I have no idea what most of it means but here's some of the stats.


                                             Before                  Now

Weight                                57.2kg                   53.4kg

Body Fat Mass                    14.6kg                   10.9kg

BMI                                     22.2                       20.9

Percentage Body Fat            25.4                       20.3

Visceral Fat                          70.5                       18.7 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get a load of that!!!!!!!!

BEFORE


NOW






Looking at the photos you would not believe how much in denial I was about my body before I started. I thought because of my BMI I was doing ok. Obviously NOT!!! So, I turn 40 in a couple of months, my body is at its best probably ever, and for the first time there are lots of photos of me on holiday with the kids - before I would delete, delete, delete.
A big congrats and thanks all round to the Pucksters - I include Connie, Tracey and Ines as honorary Pucks - without all your blogs I would have been hugely unmotivated some days. Patrick, this program is the nuts. Anyone reading this and thinking of joining up - JFD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big thanks to Jasper and Bill who motivated Pete to do PCP and drag me along for the ride. I've known Pete for 18 years and this is the 1st time I have ever known him to be thin - he's looking HOT and I know he is disappointed with stopping a few days early but I am in awe of his dedication, getting up at 5am to workout at home AND on holiday. He definitely rocked it. OH YEAH. And now I get to take him SHOPPING.......








4 comments:

  1. Congrats Mandy. Those stats are incredible. I haven't had the nerve to have mine done yet so I have no idea what my %ages are.

    Hope you have a huge birthday for your 40th. You look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy, your photos lined up like that are truly amazing. Now you and hot-bod Pete can dance the night away. Even though you may both feel like you took off the foot at the end, that is what real life is like. And what you enjoyed in the interim is something else that you will continue to take with you. May each of us have acquired a lot more vanity and more caring of what we put into our bodies, even if it is the conscious decision to put G&T in yours and wine in mine! Will raise a glass to you both.

    Happy Birthday in advance. Looking great, and did you know that life begins at 40?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good Mandy, congratulations! Moving those numbers is no easy task, enjoy the victory and a long healthy life! One COMPLETE coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wooooohooooooo girl - LOVE the snaps and the final blog. You and Kim were my idols/gurus as fellow female Puckers who all loved their booze and chocolate and fought those demons off the whole 90 days (with the very odd moment of human weakness). The sweet calling is something the men rarely can relate to, so great to have you two lovely ladies in the group. I am going to do my final blog now. The PCP rocked for me. Just disappointed in myself I didn't have the stamina to see it through to the end. However, that in itself was a lesson for me, and I am still so chuffed with results. Good luck to you and Pete for the future.... Was great fun to have your witty blogs to uplift the soul as we trudged along the PCP journey. Georgie

    ReplyDelete